Distance Learning with Peggy Dickerson
Book a lesson to keep kids learning!
We’re excited to let you know that the author, illustrator, and publisher of Moonglow are presenting distance learning programs for groups up to 100. Kids will learn natural history as well as the book publishing process. They’ll see the behind-the-scenes use of software tools and watch videos created for the book.
Our online teaching covers:
- Making the book ~ from an idea to publication.
- That critical first sentence that led to a manuscript that needed an artist. In a virtual classroom, Author and illustrator will show how they collaborated.
- Peggy’s vision of a forest filled with animals doing fun things were enough to fire an illustrator’s imagination. Cynthia’s career and her digital technique is explained in a short video. Our online class is open for questions and feedback loops after the session!
- Peggy, with 30 years of teaching will show children the magic of creative writing as well as the science in the appendixes at the back of the book.
- Kids learn about following a process. They’ll see that something can only be achieved with determination and vision. The important message is: never give up!
- The book’s unique blend of non-fiction and fantasy lends itself to most grade levels. The presentation, from one hour to a full day, can be simplified for the lower grades (K-2) or aligned with the standards for the upper grades (3-5).
- Each video conference teaching session is customized and priced for your group. We’ll work something out for you!
- Click the button below and let’s start a conversation!
~ Presenters ~
Publisher and Designer